Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eden, Pretty as the morning.

Eden

Eden is an extraordinary child. She is absolutely committed to being 'good'. She is a beautiful person both inside and out. I am blessed to have her as my daughter. I believe she was an angel the Lord sent to me to help me in my journey. She has already saved my life. As her mother, it's my job to help her and teach her. But with Eden, it seems more often it's the other way around. She reminds me to apologize. Asks trying questions, that make me think about my choices and rethink my priorities. She softens my hard heart. She is calm, kind, helpful, respectful and honest. For an almost 10 year-old, who's going into 4th grade this fall, that is very rare. I am a very lucky mother.

Eden loves her dog Okie, who is very much like her! Okie is playful but very sweet and tries so hard to please. Especially when we're out working the sheep. Okie is Eden's not because we bought him for her, but because he chose her. He loves her.
Eden loves helping Papa, especially when driving the truck is involved! No surprise there!! She drives (idles) around the farm doing the chores with Papa. She is also our driver when we haul hay (at least, as long as we're in the field!)
Eden is also very helpful for me. Her little brother Gideon is 6 months old and she loves showing me "look I changed his diaper!" or, "I changed his outfit" Like he's her doll!! She's awesome with him, and responsible! I never question the care he receives if Eden is with him. She is the best sister her 2 brothers could ask for. She loves to read. She can often be found in 'somewhat' hiding places, reading. Like she became so involved with the book, she just dropped. Behind the couch, against the book shelf, against the laundry bins. Busted reading in bed (with a flashlight) long after bed time! Eden likes putting "beans in the jar" when she's "caught being good." She likes to cook and I've been impressed lately how well she does. She really is an awesome cook. She still won't tell me what her "special ingredients" is though. ... But I think it's sugar!
Eden is popular at school, I think because she is so pleasant to be around. She's a peace-maker. Her friends have made her a weekly schedule whom she'll sit next to on the bus each day. They were fighting over her, so they had a "meeting"!! That's what they came up with. (3rd grade girls!) Her "best" friends are Siera and Lacy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: