Ryker is a Character
Ryker is very passionate, he's passive. I know, that seems like an oxymoron. He does it well though! He's cool, easy going, self-entertained, fine. Until he believes someone has "wronged" him. Unless, he thinks he's getting the "raw-end" of the deal. Then you see his fire. He maybe best described as a Dragon. He likes his cave, there's no where else he'd rather be. But steal his gold, wrong him, and he'll spit fire of all kinds of color.
Everybody loves Ryker! He has few really good friends but everyone in his class wants to be his friend. He's fair enough to be friends with a lot of people. He's entertaining enough to be friends with the 'popular' boys. (Even girls, but he's 7, and I'm not allowed to say that!!) He's assertive enough to stand up for the kids who don't have friends. He is fair, loyal and an independent thinker. He decides who he'll play with for the day. He doesn't care what someone else thinks he should do. He is loyal to all of his friends, popular or not. So, he makes his way through the world. Or, should I say, playground! Being and doing exactly what HE believes is right. Without concern or regard for others judgment. He doesn't have to follow the crowd, I love that!
Ryker is a millionaire in the making. He's constantly trying to make a buck. He likes to forge copper! No, really! He'll take copper tubing and pound it flat with a hammer. He'll give it a handle and an edge. He sharpens the edge on the cement. He sells Knifes for $1.00 a knife... and they sell! He is brilliant. He came to me one day, I was making a balsamic vinaigrette. I had just used the last of the vinegar. He looked at the bottle, and in a very serious tone asks me "what do you plan to do with that bottle?" I, obviously, blown away by the question. Didn't know what to say. I'm having maternal thoughts, of course, of a 7 year old running around with a glass bottle. I can only imagine his intention. So, after these horrific thoughts of what 'could' happen if I give him this bottle. I, admittedly, several seconds later. Staring at him in utter confusion. Mouth wide open and all. Dared ask "Why?" and thought to myself, "Oh brilliant, Lisa, give him a reason to brainstorm on it!" He, of course, already had! replied "That's a nice bottle." So, a little quicker this time, I say "Yes, it is." Thinking, let him do the talking! So, he picks right up, asked me "What do you think that bottle is worth?" Again, blown away! Acting cool, Replied "Not much, it's empty. Why?" He says "Well, it's a nice bottle. Can I have it?" So, I ask "What are you going to do with it?" Quick as a whip, and straight faced as can be, he replies "Sell it." I couldn't help but ask "How much do you think your going to get out of it?" He'd already thought that through, and said "two dollars." I love my little economics major!! But, I had to tell him "No." So, instead he started hunting the 'back 40' and the barn for bottles. He found some cool old whiskey bottles, but never found a buyer!! I love him, He cracks me up...



No comments:
Post a Comment