Gideon Jack Robinson
Gideon is... well, to say the least, BIG! Gideon was born on January 23rd. When he was born he was 6 Lbs. 11 oz. And 20 inches long. At his 2 week appointment the nurse first weighed him at 8 Lbs. 11 oz. The Pediatrician didn't believe the nurse had gotten an accurate weight. Gideon would've gained 2 Lbs. in 2 weeks! That doesn't happen!! So, the doctor had him reweighed. After our 15 min appointment and filling a diaper, he weighed 8 Lbs. 12 oz. Go Figure!! Oh, and he was 21 1/2 inches long... He'd grown 1 1/2 inches and gained 2 Lbs in 2weeks! That's only the beginning!! At his 2 month appointment he had gained another 4 Lbs. and 7oz. (in 6 weeks!) He now weighed 13 Lbs. 3 oz. and was 24 inches long!! I thought the doctor was going to hit the floor at Gideon's 4 month appointment. He weighed 16 Lbs. 1 oz. and was 27 inches long. Albeit, now he also had 2 teeth. (on the bottom.) The doctor expected that Gideon wouldn't be very strong. He told us that when they grow this fast, a lot of times, their muscle can't keep up. So, I turned him over on to his belly and he pushed up and looked around. The doctor literally sat back in his chair and shook his head. Saying "I can't believe how strong he is." Gideon is living up to his names' sake. We named him Gideon after 2 different warriors, both named Gideon. One is in the Bible and the other in The Book of Mormon. Both were very large men. Gideon is a Hebrew name that means "Warrior; feller of the trees" Gideon is 6 months now. And, 6 months in this picture. He is 19 Lbs. and 28 1/2 inches long. I asked the doctor what the average 1 year old weighs. He told me on average a 1 year old is 20 Lbs and 29 inches long!!
It's hard not to have "big" plans for him. He has always felt to me, as if he wanted to be born an adult!! I can just see him telling the Lord "O.K, Look I just have so much to do." "I can't waste my time being a baby." So, now it's almost as if he's very 'put-out' by this "Baby-stuff!" I am so glad to have him in my life. He is a lot of fun. In this picture he's smiling because Ryker is pushing him. He loves his brother and sister. I was pushing him, and he had this look on his face as if to say "alright, I'll swing." very bothered! Ryker asked if he could swing Gideon. I said "Sure, but not to high!" Ryker didn't reply! So Ryker pushed him. Not to high, but higher than I would have. Gideon started squealing and laughing. Ryker looked at me and said "Now you see how high he likes to swing." I was afraid of him not liking the swing. Or, being scared of going to high! Once again, Go Figure!! But that's Gideon.



No comments:
Post a Comment